Monday, August 6, 2012

Time Is Flying

I had such high hopes of chronicling Andrew's life from birth to forever, but man, time flies! How has it almost been 8 weeks already???? I've been trying to remember to take pictures as often as I can, but I just recently realized I wasn't taking any video. Yikes! I have already missed his super early baby days when it comes to video, which makes me sad. All I can do now is try to take lots of video moving forward! I just can't believe how fast time seems to fly by and how the days all run together. My little man is getting bigger!

Changes I've noticed:
  • He's smiling A LOT! Mornings seem to be his happiest time. (Where he got this, I have no idea. It certainly wasn't from me!) He coos and smiles and is super alert when he wakes up in the morning. This is usually sometime around 6 am. I'd prefer it to be more like 8 am, but who am I kidding? LOL.
  • As I mentioned there, he's making more coo'ing sounds and other just happy baby noises and vocalizations. It's super cute and just melts my heart.
  • He can lift his head even more than before. He loves tummy time and has even started to sort of scoot forward with his feet. This is very suspiciously like early desire to crawl, and he's not even 2 months old yet! Scary!
  • His coordination is getting better. When he is being fed with a bottle, he reaches for the bottle like he wants to take it. He just can't quite put two and two together yet, but soon!
  • He's practically standing up. Often when we have him on our laps, he will push down with his feet and bring himself to a standing position while holding on to our hands/fingers. He's such a strong little guy! He just lacks balance at this point, but I think we will have an early walker on our hands.
  • He's alert more often. Wide-eyed and learning about the world. He's such an awesome little guy.
I'll be curious to see how much he weighs on the 13th at his 2 month appointment. I am guessing he will be at least 12 1/2 - 13 pounds already. Such a big boy!! I am already having to order size 2 diapers for our next round of diapers (We have them delivered from honest.com), because I'm afraid he'll grow out of the size 1's in the next couple of weeks. How did this happen?? Before we know it, he'll be asking to borrow the car!

Here's a photo bomb of the most recent pics that are my faves:






 He's really the coolest kid ever! And I will try to do a better job of posting updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment