Sunday, August 26, 2012

Andrew's Talking at 10 1/2 Weeks!


I know it doesn't seem possible, but I promise I'm not one of those Moms who just "thinks" her baby is saying words this young. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the little guy really knows what he's saying. He's just getting really good at repeating what we say.

It all started at around 8 weeks old when he started saying, "Hi!". George was the one who first got him to say it. Andrew still won't really say it when anyone else is around, but he says it to us a lot. Then, about a week ago, George decided to try to teach him to say his own name. I thought he was being crazy since there's no way a 10 week old baby could say a 2 syllable word.

But it turns out I was wrong


We took this video yesterday morning. Andrew very clearly says his own name! And he's so articulate! He also said it tonight during FaceTime with my parents. He is such a cool, smart little baby. It's really amazing stuff. Forgive the poor quality of the video and the very casual atmosphere (dress) as we were still in our pj's and George was recording on his nexus 7 tablet.

Next, we are trying to teach him to say 'eat' so that he might be able to tell us when he's hungry!!

1 comment:

  1. Although his name Andrew is somehow easy to pronounce even for a baby talk, he's still very incredible when he can already tell his name at around 3 months! It's because usually a baby can start saying just one word on his 1st birthday, like mentioning "mama" or "dada." I'm sure Andrew will be articulate, yet intelligent as he grows up.


    Chalice Lindgren

    ReplyDelete