Friday, August 10, 2012

My Miracle

Getting pregnant wasn't easy. It took a little longer than we hoped. My pregnancy wasn't the easiest either between morning sickness, gestational diabetes and mean case of pregnancy brain. The delivery was not at all what I hoped it would be and ended in a C-section after 32 hours of labor. Now, even post-partum has been difficult. I have had mastitis twice (2 rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it) and now my c-section incision is infected too! What gives?? I want to just look to heaven and scream, "Lord, can you give a girl a break here??"


But then I look into my beautiful son's face and he gives me a big toothless grin and I know that those small things I mentioned above were nothing. Every single moment has been wrapped in joy because as much as my body has seemed to betray me, somehow it managed to grow and nurture this perfect, healthy, happy human being. I am so incredibly grateful. He's my sweet little miracle.



2 comments: