Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Visit With Quinn

Today Andrew got to spend some time with two very special people. First, my therapist. Yes, I see a therapist. I honestly don't know how I would have worked through some of the craziness in my head if it wasn't for her. I haven't seen her in almost 2 months, so it was great to get to talk to her about how life has been since I had a baby. It was also great to show her just how much Andrew has grown since she last saw him at just 2 weeks old!

Also, I got to introduce Andrew to Quinn Takei. Without Quinn, I'm not sure Andrew would have come into our lives the way he did. I had been struggling to get pregnant for quite some time and had read that acupuncture can help, so I made an appointment with a guy recommended by my fertility clinic. Ick. I did NOT like him at all. He was very judgmental and not sensitive at all. I left his office in tears and never went back.

Still, I didn't want to give up on the acupuncture. When I mentioned this to my therapist, she suggested her friend Quinn at the Center. Let me tell you, he is amazing! He really treats the whole person and he definitely knows what he's doing!! After just a couple of months of treatments with Quinn, I was able to get pregnant without IVF or fertility treatments. It was such a miracle, and I truly believe that acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and an organic diet made all the difference.

A week or so ago, Quinn called to let me know that he and his daughter had picked out a special present for Andrew! Today, we finally got the chance to stop by his office and pick it up. It was such a special time, and it touched my heart to see Dr. Takei holding Andrew in his arms. Without him, I'm not sure how long it might have taken us to get pregnant. He helped to heal my body and keep me healthy throughout my pregnancy so that I could be a good Mommy to Andrew right from the start of his life.


It's so much fun to introduce Andrew to the special people in my life. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year, when I can introduce him to all my Georgia family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment