Monday, July 23, 2012

Short Visit From Nana and Grandpa

My parents were here last night! They spent all of last week at the mountains visiting with my Aunt and some friends here in NC so they made a slight detour on their way home to GA to come see Andrew. Of course, my mom was here for the first 10 days after he was born, but my dad hadn't seen Andrew in person yet. It was so exciting to see him hold Andrew for the first time!


Unfortunately, they were only able to stay overnight. Mom is a teacher and school starts back on Wednesday. Booo!! Still, I was grateful for the little bit of time we did have. They got here around 2:30 yesterday afternoon and we spent a few hours just hanging out with the baby. He fell asleep on his Nana's shoulder!

When he woke up and was fed, we decided to head over to the mall to do a little bit of shopping and to go out to eat. I am always a little bit nervous when we take him out for such a long stretch of time. The past couple of weeks have been very tough since my sweet little guy is having some gas/colic problems. He cries A LOT, so that doesn't make him very portable. We've been spending most of our time in the comfort of our house, but it was so nice to get out for a little while.

Even though Andrew did cry in the car on the way to the mall, he quickly settled down once we got him into the Moby carrier and he was snuggled up next to my body. He seems to really like the movement when I walk. I'm guessing it feels very similar to when he was still in the womb. We walked around for a while, and I got to go to my very favorite store - the Sanrio store! I haven't been shopping in a while, so I sort of went nuts buying new Hello Kitty stuff for myself. It's back to school time which means they have their new design of loose-leaf paper. I've gotten the paper every year for the past 5 years (it's a new design every year and once it's gone, it's gone forever), and I really love the design this year. I also bought a calculator, a new binder, and some pens. Fun!

After the little bit of shopping, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We had to wait for about 30 minutes to get a table, but Andrew did a really great job of being patient and not too fussy. The five of us had a wonderful time talking and eating. Andrew only got really fussy once, but as soon as Mom stood up and walked around with him for a few minutes, he was calm and quiet again. I took a bottle of pumped milk with me just in case, and he downed about 4 ounces while we sat there! Hungry boy!

Last night, we sat up and talked. Can you tell how happy I was to get some good adult conversation for a change?


 I know my parents loved being able to spend all that quality time with Andrew. We all went to bed around 11:00 and when we got up this morning, Andrew was his usual smiley morning self. I was so happy that my parents got to see his morning smiles!


I think Andrew was fascinated by his grandpa's low voice! He kept smiling at him and wouldn't take his eyes off him. So sweet!


We were all sad to part ways, but I was incredibly grateful to have them here. I wish we all lived just a little bit closer so we could have visits like this more often. It would have been so much fun to have Kris and Kanon and Susan and Doug and Sami and Casey here too!! I can't wait until Thanksgiving when we can all be together for the first time. It's hard to believe Andrew will be almost 6 months old by then.

I think Andrew was especially sad to see his grandparents leave. He's been crying all day since they left. :( Poor little guy. I really hope we can find a solution to whatever it is that's been bothering him. Until then, we'll shower him with love and let him know we're here for him and doing everything we can. He is one very loved little baby.

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful time! It sure was hard walking out that door! We love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete