Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mountain Trip!

I am crazy excited about our little trip to the mountains this weekend! It's only a 3.5 hour drive, so we'll be sure to stop at least once along the way, but it won't be too bad for this preggo. This will officially be our last little trip away before baby. It's so crazy to think that from now on, we'll be a family of three. Taking trips with just the two of us will mean finding someone to watch Andrew, and I imagine I won't be ready to do that for several years. So this is it!

While technically Andrew will be there with us (ha!), since he's still in my tummy, it doesn't really count. He's a lot easier to take care of where he is now than he will be once he is born. I can't believe I'm really coming up on 29 weeks already. Where has all the time gone? Only 11 weeks left!!

George and I are really going to just relax this weekend and spend some quality time together. We have a couples massage lined up for Saturday morning, but other than that, we don't really have any set plans. I really wanted to go on this hike to see a waterfall, but George talked me out of it, haha. He made me realize that a 3 mile hike on uneven trails probably isn't the safest thing for me to be doing at 29 weeks pregnant. Especially since I'm already a little clumsy these days. I'll be sad to miss the waterfall, but maybe we can find some shorter, easier trails to go down.

There are some cute antique stores and shops near the resort, so that will be fun. I love that I have a husband I know I can count on having a good time with. Even with no plans and nothing special going on, we always have fun just talking and hanging out. I'm looking forward to being alone with him this weekend and enjoying our last trip alone. <3

1 comment: