Monday, April 2, 2012

29 Week Update

I can't believe I'm already at 29 weeks!! I'll be down to a single digit countdown in no time. Time is beginning to fly by at warp speed. I find myself wondering when little Andrew will make his appearance. Will he come early? (A friend just had her baby almost a month early!) Or will he come late? My hope is that he'll decide to come sometime during week 39, hehe. That way I don't have to worry about them wanting to induce me, but he'll still be close to his due date. Of course, I know better than to hope for a completely perfect scenario. All I can do is exercise and eat healthy and take good care of my body until he arrives!

So here's my 29 week update:

Picture of Baby: I don't actually have a recent picture of the baby. Our last ultrasound was our anatomy scan at 17 weeks. BUT, exciting news! We have our 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled for this Thursday afternoon!! I can't wait to see our little man and see how much he's grown. Also, some of these 4D ultrasounds show really great pictures of the baby's faces! I hope we get to see his face!! I'll post some pics as soon as we get them.


My Baby This Week: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day. (From www.babycenter.com)

Weight Gain: 16 pounds. Eek! I am hoping to keep the gain to under 25 pounds. Will I make it? I hope so! I'm certainly not going to stress it either way.

Baby Bump: This picture was taken at our mountain retreat this past weekend. We had such an amazing time! It's a billowy shirt which makes me look a little bit bigger than some other shirts, but I still love the pink.

Sleep: Getting up more and more often during the night. Also, it's tough to even turn from side to side, hehe. I'm having to literally roll myself off the bed to go to the bathroom. It's not a pretty picture, I'm sure. I'm definitely looking forward to normal sleeping positions after the baby comes. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it might only be for a few short hours at a stretch once he's here!

Best Moment of the Week: Hands down - the prenatal massage at the resort!! George got the hot stone massage and I'm sure he enjoyed it, but man, the prenatal massage was brilliant!! It was literally the best massage of my life. Not that I've gotten that many, but it was just so needed. I was having some pains in my hips and lower back and for a few glorious days after the massage, there was zero pain. I loved it.

Movement: Wow, our little guy is moving around all the time! We found out at the latest doctor's appointment that he's already head down. That's got to be why I feel him kicking at my ribs all the time, haha. I also feel him stretching his arms out against my side. I love it. And I'm seeing these crazy alien movements on the outside. My entire stomach moves, haha. So amazing!!

Symptoms: I think at this point they are all just starting to run together. Aches everywhere, heartburn, stuffy nose, carpal tunnel, the list goes on. But you know what? It's all so worth it!!

Food Cravings: Apple Juice. I want it so bad! Unfortunately, juices are off limits :(.

What I Miss: Being able to stay up as late as I want. I'm exhausted by midnight!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Holding my little baby in my arms. The closer it gets, the more excited I am about meeting him!!

Weekly Wisdom: Pregnancy is not comfortable, but it's important to keep priorities straight! Growing a baby is hard work, but in the end it's so worth it. I know once it's over, I will miss being pregnant, so I want to focus on the happy things instead of the discomforts.

Emotions: Feeling overwhelmed lately between trying to finish the book and getting things ready for renovations. I am also just so incredibly grateful for all the love from friends and family during this pregnancy. Especially the support of my husband, who is really taking good care of me. And there I go again with the tears. 

5 comments:

  1. Week 39 = my birthday! hehehe! Glad you had a good weekend away (and that you were able to reschedule it, too!). I hope I have an attitude nearly as good as yours whenever I'm in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Bet! How crazy would it be if Kelly and I both had our babies on your birthday?? That would be so cool!

      Delete
  2. You're getting so close to holding him in your arms!!!!

    Have you tried a body pillow in bed with you? I started using one when I was pregnant with Tessa. It was a lifesaver. It supported my belly and helped me maneuver a bit better in bed too. :D

    You look beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all continues to go well. You look gorgeous! And it's so great you are trying to enjoy your pregnancy. I was physically miserable pretty much the whole time, but now I miss it...so funny how that happens! :)

    ReplyDelete