Friday, April 6, 2012

3D Pictures of Andrew!!!

Yay!! Yesterday George and I went to a local 3D imaging center and got to see our precious little baby boy on the screen for nearly 30 minutes!! It was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Of course, I know every parent would feel that way, but so far, we have only seen these rather skeletal black and white images of what our baby looks like in there. The last time we saw him was around 17 weeks, so needless to say, he's grown quite a bit now that I'm brushing up against 30 weeks. And let me tell you, he's ADORABLE! Just wait until you see his chubby little cheeks and his sweet little lips!!

It was so cool that my parents in Georgia were able to watch the whole thing live too! 

More than anything, it was just so great to see him looking so healthy. The tech said that he looked perfect. His chubby cheeks tell us that he's probably already developed most of his major organs and is now concentrating on adding healthy fat and letting his lungs develop. Also, he kept opening and closing his fists, which she said was a sign of healthy neurological development. My smart little man! In some of the pictures, you will see a weird sort of rope across his cheek - that's the umbilical cord. He was holding it in his left hand almost the whole time, lol. I am guessing when he is born, he is going to like having a binky or a blankie to hold!

Andrew is already head down and in perfect position for delivery. The tech said that he is big enough now that he probably won't have enough room to turn breech, which is great news. Tomorrow I will be 30 weeks, so we're looking at 10 weeks until he makes his big arrival - give or take a few. So exciting! 

We walked away from the u/s with 109 pictures and a video of the entire session. I thought I would share four or five of my favorite images with you.

Our son!!!

From the Front - Look at those lips!

Rubbing his eyes

So flexible! That's his hand and foot both in the picture, lol.

My Favorite! Big Smile!!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo adorable! These pics are so cool...wish I'd had this done. Not too long until you all get to meet each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - how did I miss this - he's gorgeous!
    Not long to go now!! hugs

    ReplyDelete