Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 33 Weeks!

Well, almost 33 weeks. Today I am 32 weeks and 4 days, but close enough right? Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but there is so much going on! First of all, remember all those home renovations I was talking about earlier? Well, my brother came up the weekend before this past one to do a lot of the work!! We have all new wood floors downstairs, a new floor in the kitchen, new countertops, newly painted cabinets with all new hardware - the list goes on and on! It's beautiful and I'm so grateful to him for coming up here and working his butt off for several days to get it done. Also, we decided to go ahead and have the carpet on the stairs and all the upstairs rooms replaced. And let me tell you, it was worth every penny!! The carpet is so luxurious and beautiful.

So, where are the pictures? Well, even though the floors are in place and a lot of the work is done, the house still feels like a mess in places! We had to move everything upstairs first to make room for the work downstairs. Then, as soon as Douglas left, we had to move everything downstairs to make room for the carpet people. In the middle of all that, I stepped on a rusty nail. While pregnant. Ugh. Talk about stress! I haven't had a tetanus shot since 1997, so I had to make a decision about whether to get a vaccine while pregnant. Long story short, I decided against the vaccine and have been taking it easy on my foot to make sure I don't get it infected. It's mostly healed now, but with all the work and stress, I've been totally exhausted! Anyway, I promise to post pics as soon as we have things more put together.

Then, there's the whole 30+ weeks pregnant thing, haha. I never knew it could be so tough. I don't want to whine, but wow! Just two trips up and down the stairs with a handful of baby items exhausts me to the point where I have to sit down. (I lost 2 pounds this week, btw, if that tells you anything.) So, my blog has gone ignored. Hopefully I'll remember to post at least a few more times between now and the time baby Andrew is born.

How far along: Almost 33 weeks! Only 7 more to go!!!!


Picture of Baby:


My Baby This Week: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.


Weight Gain: 18 lbs.


Baby Bump:

Sleep: I am not getting very good rest, unfortunately. I'm up every hour and a half on the dot to pee, haha. Plus, the vivid dreams of the first trimester have returned, so I feel like I'm never really into a deep sleep. My hips are starting to ache, too.


Movement: Andrew is moving all the time these days! It's not always kicks. Sometimes, it is more like he's just rolling around, hehe. I love it though, because I can see him move from the outside and it's like a little alien moving around in my tummy. I love it!


Symptoms: The third trimester has brought headaches as a new symptom. Yuck! Also, I'm very forgetful these days.


What I Miss: Being able to eat anything with sugar! I also miss being able to sleep through the night (not that it will change once the baby comes, ha!) and being able to walk around without some kind of ache or pain. However, let me just say I would go through this for another year if I had to in order to make sure Andrew is a healthy baby!!! It's all so incredibly worth it!


What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting the baby! Sometimes I can hardly believe it's happening so soon, but most of the time, it just feels like 7 more weeks is forever. I want to see him and snuggle him so badly!


Weekly Wisdom: Don't let doctors bully you into something you don't feel comfortable with. A doctor might tell you that a vaccine is "completely safe", but when it comes to your body and your unborn child, it's worth it to take a little bit of time to research that vaccine and its possible side-effects. In the end, it's still your decision. Doctors are wonderful, but they don't always know what's best for you.


Emotions: There's a lot of crying going on at my house these days, and the baby isn't even here yet :P. I'm very emotional, and I know that it's okay. It's all a part of pregnancy. Overall, I am incredibly happy and excited, but there are also moments where I feel overwhelmed. Thank the Lord for bringing me such a wonderful, caring husband who is extremely patient and loving with me during this time!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Glad all continues to go well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have a new kitchen! I want to paint our kitchen cabinets but am scared! Is it tough to do? Love the pic of your handsome little man and you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete