Monday, March 26, 2012

28 Weeks!

Wow, time is flying! I can't believe I'm already 28 weeks and into my third trimester. As of today, I only have 82 days until my due date. Unbelievable. In one way, I am so anxious to meet my little man and to hold him and nurse him and get to know him. In another way, though, I am determined to enjoy this very precious time with him still growing inside me. Every time I feel him move or kick or squirm, it makes me smile. :) He's such an active little guy!

How far along: 28 Weeks

Weight Gain: 15 pounds. This is a little bit more than I should have gained by now, but I'm not doing too bad overall.

Baby Bump: Ah! No new pic! I promise I'll have a new one soon!

Sleep: Yikes. Sleep is a struggle these days. I seriously have to get up to go to the bathroom almost every hour on the hour! And with my huge nest of pillows surrounding me, it's quite the production to get in and out of bed. It's a small price to pay though. I just hope I'm not waking George up every single time I get up, lol.

Best Moment of the Week: When I got home from my weekend with friends in Charlotte, George got on his knees and put his head against my belly. He said, "Hi little baby, did you miss me?" and Andrew gave him a big kick right against the cheek, hehe. I guess that was a YES! I love that he recognizes his daddy's voice already. So sweet!

Movement: He's moving around all the time these days, and I love it! Sometimes it's kicks and sometimes it's a rolling movement. He seems to be most active at night when I'm trying to sleep. :)

Symptoms: Carpal tunnel. Boo! I didn't even know this was a possible symptom, but apparently it's rather common for pregnant women. My fingers on my right hand are numb, which makes typing awkward, but at least there's not much pain yet. I am just hoping it doesn't get any worse. I'm also having the worst allergies of my life! There is literally a carpet of pollen all over the world outside right now, and I'm feeling it in ways I never have. Other than that, though, I feel great!

Food Cravings: Everything I can't have - I want! :P We went to Zaxby's today for lunch and as I was eating my salad, I kept staring at their ad for the new Brownie Batter Milkshake. OMG. Torture! Hehe, really it's not that bad. I'm just trying to eat healthy and ignore anything else.

What I Miss: Sugar and Apple Sake


What I'm Looking Forward To: Renovations on the house and getting things just right for when Andrew arrives!

Weekly Wisdom: Try not to get overwhelmed. Stress isn't good for momma or for baby!

Milestones: Third Trimester! (Technically, I think I hit it last week, but I'm still excited about it.)

Emotions: Joy. Terror. Everything in between. :) Mostly happiness, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment