Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quick Update - Dr. Appointment

I had a doctor's appointment today (moving to every 2 weeks now since I have gestational diabetes), and everything looks perfect! I am measuring exactly right at just under 29 weeks, so despite the GD, my baby is not measuring big at all. Whew! What a relief! My bloodsugar is being very well controlled, so hopefully Andrew's growth will stay normal from here on out.

She also checked his presentation. It's early, but I was curious, hehe. The little guy seems to be head down already! Good boy! He's very active and his heartbeat was great, indicating a healthy baby in there. I'm so happy that he's doing good. I feel so grateful that I was tested early for gestational diabetes and was able to get it all under control early before there could be any negative side effects from it.

The doctor did, however, say that she didn't want me to go past my due date. Yikes. I hate hearing this. I know that it will still be my decision, but I really don't want to be pushed into interventions like pitocin. I want Andrew to come when he is ready, but that might not be an option. I already have an appointment scheduled with my acupuncturist for 2 days after my due date to naturally induce if he can, but I contacted him today to see if he would push that up to the week before my due date. I haven't heard back yet, but I have my fingers crossed.

Does anyone out there have any other natural ways/ideas for inducing labor? I've heard evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea. What else? Spicy foods? Long walks. I'm going to start trying anything and everything around week 38, I think. No pitocin or c-section for me, please!

For now, it's really too early to get worried about anything. The important news is that Andrew is measuring on target and everything looks good. I just scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound for next week so we'll have some good pics to share after that I hope!!! Then, we'll have one final ultrasound around 36 just to check his growth at the doctor's office. After that, the next time we actually see him will be when he's born! Only 11 1/2 more weeks!!!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear he's doing great, and you are too! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sarra. I just realized I might be the only writer here...sort of feel like I'm butting into family time. But I do want to say that I'm thrilled things are going well for you and Andrew - well, George too, but at this point there's not much he can do until it's birthing time.

    Stay healthy.
    L. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news with A. being on track :) 11 1/2 weeks to go it seems crazy - we have 13 left now! It seems so surreal. I heard the raspberry leaf tea is good to start drinking around 35 weeks and it helps "ripen" things up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! I just cannot wait to meet Andrew! Anxious to see the 3D pictures!

    ReplyDelete