Monday, March 12, 2012

Home After Great Weekend

George and I had an amazing weekend in Myrtle Beach! I surpassed my word count goal of 12,000 words and we got in some great together time. We had a chance to walk on the beach and float in the pool, talking mostly about how our lives are going to change with the baby. It was amazing! We ate at this great seafood restaurant called Duffy Street Seafood Shack, and it was some of the best seafood I've ever had. Of course, my eating habits have changed because of the gestational diabetes (no fries allowed!), but it was still great. I just love spending time with my husband!

The pool was awesome, btw. After weeks of just feeling so big and unbalanced (I'm pretty sure I've actually started waddling :P), it was great to be weightless for a little while. George got in the hot tub, but of course, it was way too hot for me to use. I did put my feet in for a short time, but that was all. The beach was a little bit cold, but we were able to get in a few great relaxing walks in between writing sprints here and there, which was nice.

It's so hard to believe there will be a tiny baby in our lives in less than 100 days! 96 days now until my due date, which is just insane. Things are going to change so much, and right now I just feel like we're hovering on the edge of it. It's exciting, but terrifying both. Mostly exciting though!!

Oh, and guess what? I had originally picked out a Ju Ju Be BFF diaper bag in Cobalt Blossoms. I do love this bag, here's a pic:
However, when we were getting lunch on our way out of town, we stopped near an Outlet Mall. I just happened to see that they had a Kate Spade outlet store. I had never seen one of these before!! And I LOVE Kate Spade bags. Even though I adore purses and have always wanted to own a designer handbag, they have always been just out of my price range. Kate Spade bags are reasonably affordable compared to the really big designers, but still! $400 for a bag? Just not in my budget!

But for fun, we stopped in since it was an outlet store. Guess what? They had diaper bags!!! I never dreamed! They all come with matching changing pads inside, which is so cute. The sales lady showed me several options (all on sale) and I finally picked out the one I loved the most! Bye bye Ju Ju Be, I bought myself a Kate Spade Serena Baby Bag!!!! George said "You earned it". Hehe, I heart him! The bag was 30% off an already outlet priced bag, and I couldn't be happier. I ended up getting for about the same price as the Ju Ju Be bag, which was a steal. Here are some pics. The pics really don't do the bag justice, but I know it's going to be perfect. The outside is black nylon and will go with anything, but also be super easy to just wipe off and clean. The inside is the most amazing green color. There are tons of great pockets for all the little things and the matching changing pad. Here are some pics (I posted one of my own first, but it didn't look as good as it looks in person, so I found a better pic online, haha):



Love, love love! Okay, I know that's a lot about the bag, but I'm super excited to have bought my first designer bag and that it's a baby bag!! I know I'll use it for years as Andrew grows.

Meanwhile, I am now 26 weeks pregnant! Here's my most recent baby bump pic:

George took this out on the balcony of our hotel room :). The ocean is in the background, haha. Trust me, it's there somewhere :P. Nothing much else to report except that things are going well. Almost to my third trimester, eek!! So much happiness and exciting things going on.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to gear you got your writing done!!! Yaaaay! And of course the bonus of spending lots of relaxing time with George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute belly bump pic! Hope you enjoyed your time at the beach!!! You DO deserve a fun bag- so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! And I love the Kate Spade bag...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete