Saturday, March 3, 2012

25 Week Update!

Wow, I have gotten way behind on my blogging! There is so much to talk about. I'm 25 weeks already!! I can't believe I only have about 100 days left before I am a mommy. How cool is that? This is going to be a somewhat long post since I'm covering some major time away. A couple of weeks ago, my sister, sister-in-law, a great family friend, and my mom all threw me a beautiful baby shower, and it was so much fun. I honestly was overwhelmed by all the love and support from friends and family who attended. And we definitely got 'showered' with gifts! Here are a couple of pics from the shower:
The hostesses!

Yummy food!

How cute is this cake?? OMG, I loved it! I really wish I could have eaten it, haha. I just was able to have a small bite.

The beautiful and touching sign my father made for Andrew's room.

Me and my mom after the shower!!




I had a great trip home to Georgia, but now it's back to reality, hehe. Oh! I met with my new doctor for the first time this past week, and she is AMAZING! I couldn't be happier that I did the work of finding a new doctor that was going to be an advocate for me instead of someone I was constantly arguing with over my care. As a result of our first appointment, I am now back on Metformin and having some queasiness as I deal with getting readjusted to the meds. I know in the long run it's going to help me get my sugars under control, so I know it's all worth it.

So now for my 25 week update:

My Baby This Week: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture. (From www.babycenter.com)

Weight Gain: I'm up about 15 pounds now, which is a little over where I should be, but that's okay. I feel healthy and the baby is growing right on schedule!

Baby Bump:

Sleep: Getting tougher! I have to get up a lot at night to go to the bathroom, hehe. And this week was particularly hard with the nausea from the Metformin, ugh. Hopefully it will get better very quickly.

Best Moment of the Week: Meeting with my new doctor. It was like a breath of fresh air! I actually hugged her before I left!

Movement: Andrew is moving around so much now! I LOVE IT!!! He's especially squirmy at night when I lay down. It's the coolest feeling in the world and makes me smile every single time he moves.

Food Cravings: Everything sweet! It's like the second you tell me I can't have it, it's all I want, lol. I'm also craving french fries. As soon as the baby is born, someone better be bringing me french fries in the hospital, haha.

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night without having to get up three times to use the bathroom.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Holding my baby in my arms!! I know I still have several months left, but I am so excited to meet the little guy.

Weekly Wisdom: This is such a happy and unique time in your life. Enjoy the happy moments and don't let stress interfere with your happiness.

Milestones: Even though I hope and pray Andrew will stay put for another 14 or 15 weeks, it's good to know that he's reached a stage where if he were born now, he would have a very good chance of survival.

Emotions: Every time my baby moves or I look down at my growing belly, I feel so happy and truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found a doctor you like that is huge. Your baby bump is so cute! Your shower looks lovely, too. And I love feeling my babies move...best part of being pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete