Monday, March 5, 2012

Renovations Before Baby!

I'm not sure this is what they meant by nesting, but George and I are getting ready to do some pretty major updates to our little townhome! I'm so incredibly excited. I've been daydreaming a lot and on the phone with my brother and my dear friend Cass for advice on what materials to choose. Here are some preview pictures of what we've chosen:


Oak flooring all downstairs. The entire entryway, the half bath, and the living room/dining room area. My brother is going to come up and install it for us. Right now, the area is carpeted and it's old and stained. I can't wait to have something new and beautiful in there!! It's going to open the whole room up for us!

Most of our furniture is dark espresso and dark brown leather, which I think will be beautiful with this light colored flooring. We might pick out a nice big rug to go under the couch area as well. Right now, our walls in the living room are caramel colored and our dining room is cranberry red. I'm so excited to see how the new floors look with the paint colors.

We also hope to find a comfy recliner to put in the living room for me to rock and feed baby Andrew!

This tile here is actually just the vinyl flooring we've chosen for the kitchen floors. Right now, there's an awful white flooring that has some places that have come up or are damaged. I think this darker color will really look amazing! I wish we could afford real tile, but for now, this will be great. A huge improvement for sure.

Below is the picture of the new countertops we have chosen. The color is travertine, which is creamy with a stream of golden color going through it. Douglas, my brother, is going to front the counters with wood to make them look even nicer.

Our cabinets are plain white, and I don't really want to repaint them. I have been thinking of possibly painting the rest of the kitchen though. I just haven't picked a color yet! It will have to be something that looks good with the colors in the flooring and the counters, but that also will be good when we go to sell the house. Any ideas?

Our renovation will also move upstairs, but there won't be as much work to do up there. Mostly, we are just going to have the carpets up there cleaned professionally, then we'll paint the nursery and maybe our bedroom. It seems like an awful lot of work to get done before the baby comes in June!

June seems like it's still a good ways away, but when you really think about it, it's just around the corner. Only 102 days left!! So hard to believe how fast time has flown by. I hope we can get it all done in time! Eek! Apart from the things to do here around the house (and all the things we still need to buy), I also have a book to finish!! I'm not even halfway through the rough draft just yet, so there is tons to do there as well. Definitely a very happy, busy time in the Bittmann household!!

3 comments:

  1. The renovations will be absolutely beautiful, Sarra. This is such a special time for you and George. Just don't forget to write!

    L. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to be doing renovations! Love what you've picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are gonna be doing renovations too soon! I can't wait to see your pics once everything is done.

    ReplyDelete