Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend

Wow! We had such an amazing weekend with my brother and his family. I was so sad when they got in the car yesterday to head back to Georgia. They arrived late Friday evening and Sami immediately ran in asking "Where's baby Andrew?" He was sleeping, of course, and I didn't want to wake him up! He woke up on his own about an hour later, so I was able to briefly introduce him to Douglas, Casey and Sam. I think he loved them right away! Especially Sami!


On Saturday, we got up bright and early, had some breakfast, then headed out to the pool for Andrew's first time!! We have a pool in our townhouse community, but I didn't want to take Andrew out too early. I decided since there was only one weekend left before the pool closes, we better get him out there to see what he would think of the water. I was nervous since he HATES baths, but Andrew really seemed to love the pool!

Our family just before we got in the pool!

Andrew seems to love the water!


Sleeping on Daddy's shoulders.

Totally zonked out from the sun.

The whole crew!
It was so exciting to be sitting around with my brother and see the wonderful families we have created. There is so much love between us all, I think my parents really taught us right!

Saturday evening, we headed to the mall. George carried Andrew in the baby bjorn and he was such a good little boy the whole time! We took Sami to my very favorite store - the Sanrio Surprises store, home of amazing Hello Kitty items. She got some fun things and then we headed to the food court for Japanese. Yum! After a little more shopping, we all headed home, completely exhausted from being in the sun all afternoon.

Sunday, Douglas and I made bacon and pancakes for everyone, so we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast. We had planned to head to the pool or the park, but unfortunately it was too stormy to go outside. We had a good time just hanging out around the house and talking instead. Sunday evening, we went out to Texas Roadhouse and Saloon for dinner. Wow, what an awesome time!!

Sami, Casey, and Douglas.

George, Andrew, and Me!
At the restaurant, Sami was so well behaved! She colored and sat so nicely while we all talked. Andrew was a little bit fussy so his daddy had to take him outside for a while and then feed him, but when he came back to the table, he was quiet and sleepy for the rest of our dinner. The food was delicious and we had such a good time together. Man, I really wish we could get together more often!

Sami is such a beautiful and sweet girl!

Pretty ladies!

One of the best pics of me and Doug together ever.

George feeding Andrew and calming him down.

My brother with his little girl.

Both families having a great time.
It was truly an amazing trip, and I am so grateful they made the long drive up here to be with us. I'm sad they are gone, but already looking forward to seeing them all again over Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Andrew is getting so big...so fast! I am in love with his cute lil smile in the first picture. Fun times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that y'all get along so well! I am also so happy you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete