A few fun things about where he is in his development:
- He makes this super cute little clicking/clucking sound with his tongue. When we do it, he does it back to us. I got it on video the other day, so I'll have to try to find some time to post that this week.
- He is crawling up a storm! Usually, it's a fast military crawl where he's pulling himself forward with his hands, but sometimes he does get up on his hands and knees and get his belly off the ground.
- Andrew has just started to get up on his knees and make motions of pulling himself up, but he still hasn't tried to pull up to standing yet.
- Because of the crawling, we put a baby gate on his bedroom door so he can play in there safely without danger of falling down the stairs. Yesterday he crawled up to the gate and George was sitting on the other side of it. Andrew took a little plastic ball and passed it through the gate. George passed it back. Andrew passed it back and so on. It was his first real game of "catch". So cute!
- Solid foods are becoming more and more a part of his diet. He is able to grasp things and pull them to his mouth easily, so we've been giving him bananas, toast, eggs and puffs. We're hoping to try avocado, pasta and other soft foods soon! I think he'll be eating the same foods we are soon!! He's such a great eater!!
- As for our EC (Elimination Communication), things have really been going great. Andrew mostly poops in the potty now instead of in a diaper, which is unreal. He pees in the potty at least three or four times a day, so we're down to only changing diapers maybe four times a day max, and that's only because we're out of the house and haven't started carrying a portable potty or anything when we go out.
- He is such a little charmer. When we go out, Andrew actually stares at people and wait for them to make eye contact. As soon as they do, he breaks out in this huge smile! Everyone has to stop by to tell us how cute he is, hehe.
- He's been getting more and more interested in his tablet. I know it's way too early for him to really understand how to use it, but he's been entertaining himself and trying hard to figure it out, which is really cool to see.